Ford Focus RS seen drifting at legendary track
28 Nov 2017
With a drift function that is optimised for controlling the Ford Focus RS when going sideways, it has been seen being put through its paces at the legendary Nurburgring. With 345bhp and a 2.3l EcoBoost engine the various RS models in the video made light work of the 12.9 mile circuit.
Search For Your Next Ford Car Today
The drivers took the Ford Focus RS to the limit in the hair-raising laps, with some coming close to losing control. Maybe this is due to the belief that ‘drift mode’ can be used by anyone not just the professionals.
The unforgiving circuit, including the notorious Nordschleife corner, is relentless. With this in mind Jennings Ford Direct gives high praise to the drivers featured for the quality of the drifting and keeping the cars on the track.
Ford Focus RS Key specification
- RS branded Recaro seats
- Thatcham Category 1 alarm
- SYNC 3 with 8" Touchscreen, DAB audio system with Voice Control, Navigation and ten Sony branded speakers
- Front and rear floor mats
- RS instrument cluster binnacle
- Electrically operated front & rear windows with one touch lowering, closing and global closing
- Ford Power Starter Button
- Automatic dimming rear view mirror
- RS front door scuff plates
- Alloy foot pedals
- All-Wheel Drive with Dynamic Torque Vectoring
- 17" 20-spoke alloy wheels
- 350mm ventilated front disc brakes with lightweight Brembo four piston monoblock callipers
- Four selectable driver modes
- Launch Control
- Twin high performance exhaust pipes
- RS performance rear spoiler
Jennings Ford Direct is home to an extensive range of nearly new and used Ford cars, including the legendary Ford Focus RS. With over 1,000 used cars in stock speak to a team member to find a Ford that meets your individual specifications. To discuss your induvial requirements call 0333 414 9750 to speak to a Ford specialist today.
Back to blogs